Appointment and Arrival Times
We see patients by appointment only. Same day appointments are usually available for urgent or sudden illness. We understand and respect that your time is valuable so we want to make your visit as quick and smooth as possible while tending to your care with the upmost quality. In order for us to accomplish this we ask that you assist us by doing the following:
- Complete paperwork prior to the visit (download forms here)
- Arrive a few minutes early to complete any outstanding paperwork
- Notify the office as soon as possible if you need to reschedule your visit (at least 24hr notice preferred)
If you are unable to keep a scheduled appointment we appreciate your co-operation in providing us with at least 24 hour notice so that we may reschedule your appointment and you can avoid a $25 cancellation fee. This also allows us to provide that time slot to another patient.
Treatment of minors
Patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult or have written permission for treatment from a parent or guardian.
Our Providers prefer to discuss your lab work and test results with you in person in a follow up visit.
However, our office staff will contact you prior to any follow up visits if there are any urgent test results that need immediate attention or discussion. If you would like a copy of your labs or test results, please let our staff know so they can be picked up in printed form from the office.
Prescriptions and Refills
We do not call in refills routinely without a follow up visit with a provider. Our policy is that we try and match your refill schedule with scheduled follow up appointments.
- The best time to get a prescription refill is during the appointment with the provider
- Some medications have known potential side effects that must be monitored, our policy is to require checkups at 3 month intervals for such medications.
- We do not prescribe new or refill requests for narcotics, pain medication, or other controlled medication in a routine manner or over the phone after hours. You must visit with the provider for off-schedule refills.
- We may offer you samples to try out a new medication. Samples are intended to help you and your provider determine if the medication is a good fit for you and not a long term way to fill your prescription.
Accounts that are not paid within 30 days are sent to our in house collection department. If the balance remains unpaid and becomes 65 days old, we may engage a 3rd party collection agency and you may be subject to dismissal from the practice.
Although it is an infrequent occurrence, a patient may be "Dismissed" from the office and given 30 days to locate another medical office for their continued care. Our staff will send a letter by certified mail to your last known address, notifying you that you are being dismissed. Once we recieve a signed release form from you, we will forward a copy of your medical records to your new doctor.
You may be dismissed because:
- Repetitive Non-Compliance to medical treatment
- Abusive or threatening behavior to providers or staff
- Failure to pay bills, for medical services provided
Inclement weather closures
Our inclement weather policy normally follows Dallas ISD (DISD) closings. Our offices are typically closed when DISD is closed, but we recommend you call our office to confirm.
Note: We continually review our policies and modify them as required to serve you better as we grow, please review them often and make note of any changes.