On-Site Allergy Testing
We offer in-office allergy testing at both Plaza Medical Centre and Griego Family Medical Centre.
- Allergy testing includes the testing of 50 allergens specific to the DFW area
- e.g. Dust mites, proteins from pet dander, trees, grass, weed pollen, and molds
- The visit takes about 45 minutes
- Results can often be picked up in as little as 1 business day in most cases
- We offer Allergen Immunotherapy treatment plans customized to you
- Treatments to decrease your sensitivity to those allergens for which you tested positive
- Depending on the severity of your allergies, recovery plans can be aggressive or long-term
Is Allergy Testing Right For You?
If you can answer 'yes' to any of the following questions, you can probably benefit from allergy testing.
- Do you take Over The Counter Antihistamines (Benadryl, Allegra, Claritin, Zyrtec etc?)
- Do you take prescription allergy medications (Singular, Xyzal?)
- Do you suffer from multiple sinus infections throughout the year resulting in antibiotic and steroid use?
- Do you have persistent headaches that don't go away with Over the Counter pain medication?
- Do you have asthma, fatigue, skin rashes, or dizziness?
- Please stay off of all antihistamines 5 - 7 days prior to testing
- Other medications including prescription drugs, over the counter medications, and vitamins, may also inhibit testing; be sure to check with your physician before stopping any prescribed medications
- Please let the Allergy Therapist know all medications you are taking
- We ask that you do not wear any scented products (colognes, hair products, scented soaps, lotions, and deodorants) to the office as they will interfere with allergy testing